EG SENIORS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIPS – MIDLAND REGION QUALIFIER
The team of six players will be selected by each County Union to represent the County in the Midlands qualifying event. The winning county will represent the Midlands Region in the England Golf County Finals at Stanton-on-the-Wolds Golf Club on 9th to 11th October 2018
The Midland Region qualifier will be held at Kedleston Park Golf Club – 9th AUGUST 2018 played over 36 holes.
PRACTICE ROUND BOOKINGS (8th August 2018)
All practice rounds to be booked through Neil Harris (MGU Secretary) not direct with the club.
Kedleston Park Golf Club
Kedleston, Quarndon, Derby DE22 5JD
General Manager: Robert Simpson
Tel No.: 01332 840035 (1)
Administration: Emma Healey
Pro-Shop: Ian Walley
Tel No.: 01332 840035
House Manager: Michelle Fiddes
Tel No.: 01332 840035
Head Green Keeper: David Leatherland
President: Gordon Gray
Chairman: Ian Neal
Captain: Brian Penny
Title: EG Senior County Championships – Midlands Qualifier
Format: 36 Hole scratch medal (10 Counties each with 6-man team)
Number of competitors: 60
Starting Times: 8:00am & 1:00pm
Tees: 1st and 10th (Championship Course)
Time course closed to members: Wednesday 8th August: 11:45am to 16:00 (Practice rounds 12:30 x 20 tees)
Thursday 9th August: All day until competition complete
All players will be provided with a lunch of Sandwiches and chips after round 1.
All players will be provided with a player’s tea (two course hot meal plus desert with tea/coffee after round 2.
Bacon Baps & coffee will be available from 7:00am at a cost of £tbc
Breakfast option for players on 9th August must be pre-booked
Evening meal on 8th August must be pre-booked
Clubhouse: Smart casual – no trainers, no caps, no waterproofs
Course: Normal golf clothing, tailored shorts with sport socks allowed.
The MGU registration desk will be located in the main bar by patio doors to terrace
The MGU scoreboard will be located at the end of the main lounge and will be available on the MGU website.
HEALTH & SAFETY
First Aid: Club has 3 First aiders
There are 2 wooden shelters on the course close to 4th & 8th tee
In the event of thunder and lightning the MGU have hand held klaxons and will take responsibility: MGU storm monitor. Club have hand held klaxons at Proshop
There is ample car parking available.
Tees to be used: White
There will be a pin position chart issued to all players at the registration desk.
There are yardage markers in the form of discs in fairway to middle greens at 100 yards, 150 yards and 200 yards.
There is a plan of the hole on each tee board.
Practice round on 8th August by application through the Midland Golf Union (01529 413195) email@example.com
Practice facilities: putting green, short game area.
Directions on how to find the course: Use website : Click here
No mobile phones in clubhouse and emergency use only on course
Door Entry code: To be advised on the day
Hotels available locally:
Premier Inn, Travel Lodge, Birchover apartments, Kedleston Country House Hotel
1. The championship will comprise of 36-hole stroke play played in threes.
2. A county team will consist of six players whom shall be 55 years of age or over on the day of the Championship.
3. All players will play off scratch handicap.
4. The five best scores of each team will count in each round, and the County with the lowest aggregate score for both rounds will be the winners. In the event of a tie between two or more Counties, the County that has the lowest aggregate score from the sixth player(s), in each round, will be the winner. If there is still a tie, the winner will be the County returning the lowest aggregate score (all six scores for both rounds to count) in accordance with EG’s General Condition 9b.
5. All disputes will be settled by the Championship Committee of the Midland Golf Union, or its representatives on the day, whose decision shall be final.
6. Entries must be submitted by the Counties with the entry fee not later than seven days prior to the day of the Championship.
7. Seven names can be entered at the time of entry, which includes the team together with a reserve. Any alteration to the original entry must be made not later than 4.00pm on the day preceding the day of the Championship. Thereafter no substitutes will be allowed but one of the reserves may be drafted in on the day of the championship to replace one of the six nominated team members and he will take the tee time of the player he is replacing. A team may not replace a player for any reason once the sixth player has teed off in the first round. Only in extreme cases of emergency would there be any further alteration to this condition and then by the absolute discretion of the representatives of the M.G.U.
8. Counties are permitted to submit names of players in the order in which they will be included in the draw.
9. If play has to be suspended because of adverse weather conditions and it is impractical to complete 36 holes that day, the winning County shall be decided over 18 holes. If 18 holes have not been completed, then play shall be abandoned and every effort shall be made to arrange another date when play may be over 18 or 36 holes at the discretion of the Group Committee.
10. It will be a qualifying event for handicap purposes.
11. Participating counties are reminded that neither the Host Club nor the Midland Golf Union can accept any responsibility for theft and accidents, furthermore they must ensure that their players protect themselves in Health and Safety matters.
12. Counties will inform their players that if there is a long blast of a klaxon, play must STOP immediately, and not be resumed until two blasts of the klaxon are heard.
13. The event will be played in rotation around the participating Counties on a course suitable for Seniors as decided by the Midland Golf Union.
14. Mobile Phones (including pagers and similar devices): May not be used on the course (including on practice days) by players or caddies for making/sending or receiving calls or texts except in an emergency. Penalties are as EG Hard Card.
English Senior’s County Finals, Stanton-on-the-Wolds Golf Club, 9th - 11th October 2018
As required by the Conditions of Competition for each event the draw for the first day of the County Finals will be issued shortly
Match 1 –
Match 2 –
The contact for this competition is Neil HARRIS (07906 156701)