Midland Golf Union Championship Chairman
A vacancy has arisen for a Championship Chairman for the Midland Golf Union as detailed below.
CHAMPIONSHIP CHAIRMAN – Terms of Reference
1. Shall be in attendance, or arrange a deputy, at championships, competitions, qualifying events, and executive, senior, junior and championship meetings.
2. Shall be responsible for the giving of any decision on the Rules of Golf or other matters; attend to any misdemeanours by competitors or others for whom we are responsible; and attend to any accidents or mishaps.
3. Shall ensure that the Secretary is aware of the requirements for the satisfactory administration of events, and, with his Committee, review the conditions of entry for championships yearly.
4. Shall carry out previews as and when necessary with the Secretary.
5. Shall arrange for stewards, referees, or other assistants as and when necessary.
6. Shall be responsible for the administration of the following championships from the point of reception of entries:
Midland Closed Amateur Championship.
Midland Open Amateur Championship.
Midland Boys Amateur Championship.
Midland Mid-Amateur Open Championship.
Midland Seniors Amateur Championship.
England Golf Men’s County Championship – Midland Qualifying.
England Golf Boys County Championship – Midland Qualifying
England Golf Senior County Championship – Midland Qualifying.
Midland Youths Championship.
The post will commence on 1st November 2016 in preparation for the 2017 season.
For further details please contact the Midland Golf Union Secretary on 01526 351163 or email email@example.com