EG SENIORS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIPS – MIDLAND REGION QUALIFIER
The team of six players will be selected by each County Union to represent the County in the Midlands qualifying event. The winning county will represent the Midlands Region in the England Golf County Finals
The Midland Region qualifier will be held at Hawkstone Park Golf Club – 17th AUGUST 2017 played over 36 holes.
PRACTICE ROUND BOOKINGS (16th August 2017)
All practice rounds to be booked through Neil harris (MGU Secretary) not direct with the club.
15.10 Leicestershire & Rutland
1. The championship will comprise of 36-hole stroke play played in threes.
2. A county team will consist of six players whom shall be 55 years of age or over on the day of the Championship.
3. All players will play off scratch handicap.
4. The five best scores of each team will count in each round, and the County with the lowest aggregate score for both rounds will be the winners. In the event of a tie between two or more Counties, the County that has the lowest aggregate score from the sixth player(s), in each round, will be the winner. If there is still a tie, the winner will be the County returning the lowest aggregate score (all six scores for both rounds to count) in accordance with EG’s General Condition 9b.
5. All disputes will be settled by the Championship Committee of the Midland Golf Union, or its representatives on the day, whose decision shall be final.
6. Entries must be submitted by the Counties with the entry fee not later than seven days prior to the day of the Championship.
7. Seven names can be entered at the time of entry, which includes the team together with a reserve. Any alteration to the original entry must be made not later than 4.00pm on the day preceding the day of the Championship. Thereafter no substitutes will be allowed but one of the reserves may be drafted in on the day of the championship to replace one of the six nominated team members and he will take the tee time of the player he is replacing. A team may not replace a player for any reason once the sixth player has teed off in the first round. Only in extreme cases of emergency would there be any further alteration to this condition and then by the absolute discretion of the representatives of the M.G.U.
8. Counties are permitted to submit names of players in the order in which they will be included in the draw.
9. If play has to be suspended because of adverse weather conditions and it is impractical to complete 36 holes that day, the winning County shall be decided over 18 holes. If 18 holes have not been completed, then play shall be abandoned and every effort shall be made to arrange another date when play may be over 18 or 36 holes at the discretion of the Group Committee.
10. It will be a qualifying event for handicap purposes.
11. Participating counties are reminded that neither the Host Club nor the Midland Golf Union can accept any responsibility for theft and accidents, furthermore they must ensure that their players protect themselves in Health and Safety matters.
12. Counties will inform their players that if there is a long blast of a klaxon, play must STOP immediately, and not be resumed until two blasts of the klaxon are heard.
13. The event will be played in rotation around the participating Counties on a course suitable for Seniors as decided by the Midland Golf Union.
14. Mobile Phones (including pagers and similar devices): May not be used on the course (including on practice days) by players or caddies for making/sending or receiving calls or texts except in an emergency. Penalties are as EG Hard Card.
English Senior’s County Finals, Berwick-upon-Tweed Golf Club, 10-12 October
As required by the Conditions of Competition for each event the draw for the first day of the County Finals has been performed by the 2017 England Golf President, Mr John Williams:
Match 1 – South East v North
Match 2 – Midlands v South West
The contact for this competition is Neil HARRIS (07906 156701)