1. The competitors must be thirty-five years of age or more on the day of the championship.
2. All UK players must hold a CONGU ‘active’ handicap (9 or less). Non UK players must hold a handicap (9 or less) operated by a recognised Overseas Golfing Union, Federation or Association.
3. The number of competitors will be limited to 60. In the event of applications exceeding this number, entry for the higher handicap competitors shall be decided by ballot. Unsuccessful entries will be added to a list of reserves. If the number of entries falls below 60 then the Committee reserves the right to amend the competition prize fund accordingly.
4. The Championship will be 36 holes medal play, and the player(s) with the best gross score will be the Champion (subject to Clause 5). There will be group prizes (gross) for Age Groups 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, and 55 and over, together with some consolation prizes, but a competitor may not receive more than one prize.
5. A tie for first place will be decided by a play-off at the Committee’s discretion, ties for all other places will be decided by the last 18, 9, 6, 3 or 1 hole in that order.
6. A competitor must conform to the Rules of Golf and Amateur Status as defined by the Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St. Andrews.
7. All disputes will be decided by the Administrators whose decision will be final.
8. Entries can be made ‘online’ or by post.
9. Entries by post are to be made on the Official Entry Form and must be accompanied by the Entry Fee of £44.00 and must be in the possession of the Administrator (see below) no later than the closing date. Late or incomplete entry forms or entries without the entry fee will not be accepted.
10. The ‘starting sheet’ will be posted on the MGU website, www.midlandgolfunion.co.uk and emailed to entrants. If you require a hard copy please include a SAE with your postal entry.
11. The Committee reserves the right to refuse an entry without giving a reason.
12. Closing date for online/postal entries will be midnight on Monday 6th May 2019.
13. Consideration will be given to Applicants for later starting times when travelling a long distance.
14. In the event of a player having to scratch after the closing date, the entry fee will not be refunded.
15. The R & A approved list of conforming golf balls will apply. The R & A ruling on driving clubs from 1st Jan 2005 will apply.
16. Play will be in threes using two tees.
17. A Practice Round will be available and details will be available to view on the MGU website.
18. Neither the Host Club nor the Midland Golf Union can accept any responsibility for thefts and accidents, and competitors must have their own insurance cover.
19. Competitors must protect themselves in Health & Safety matters, especially should there be danger from lightning when play must stop immediately and not be resumed until the danger has passed.
20. Also, if there is a long blast of a klaxon, play must again stop immediately and not be resumed until two short blasts, repeated, are heard.
21. DMD’s that measure ‘distance only’ are allowed.
22. Mobile Phones (including pagers and similar devices): May not be used on the course (including on practice days) by players or caddies for making/sending or receiving calls or texts except in an emergency.
23. Competitors must conform with Rules and Regulations of the Host Club and conditions stated on the Starting Times list.
ENTRY FORMS are obtainable from: Your Club Secretary. The Administrator: Neil Harris, 4 Dawson Road, Sleaford, Lincolnshire NG34 8TR Tel: 01529 413195 (M) 07906 156701 or the MGU website: www.midlandgolfunion.com
The contact for this competition is Neil HARRIS (07906 156701)